Sea to Sky 54km Ultra
The race starts at the Primary School in the village of Palaichori, Cyprus, at 7am on Saturday, September 10.
The route follows the last 54km of the 135km Sea-to-Sky ultra, which is being held on the same day. Elevation gain 3060 meters. Runners of the 54k ultra race may meet up along the way with some of the Extreme runners – please give them a friendly greeting and wish them well.
From the school, the course winds immediately up and up, right to the top of Papoutsa mountain (elevation 1542 m) and then continues over Madari peak (1755m) and eventually up to Chionistra peak, the highest point of the Troodos mountain range (1952m), before dropping down to finish at the Jubilee Hotel next to Troodos square.
The route follows trails, tracks, and ancient pilgrimage paths. The course is an exciting tour of rural Cyprus, taking in wheat fields, vineyards, olive groves, orchards, river courses, a pilgrimage site, forests, mountain pathways, goat tracks, and mountain villages.
Entry fee: 65 euros
Max no of runners: 50
There will be two full aid stations, two basic DIY aid stations and two additional water fountains along the way. Details are in the race information pack to be sent to registered runners.
Details of the race markings are the same as for the Extreme ultra.
The UTMB has listed this ultra as a qualifying race for its 50km World Series Challenge
1. The race fee is 65 euros per runner
2. All transport arrangements are ultimately the runner's responsibility, including getting to the start and from the finish. However, we will organise a bus from Troodos to Palaichori on Saturday morning in time for bib collection. Bus fare is 5-10 euros, depending on the number of runners. Indicate on the entry form if you need a seat on the bus.
3. Bib collection details to be announced in the race info pack.
4. All Cyprus Trail Runners events are cupless. Runners must carry their own cups/water bottles/receptacles for use at feeding stations.
5. Bib numbers must be displayed on the front of a runner's shirt so they are clearly visible to race marshals.
6. Anyone found littering along the route will be immediately disqualified. If you can carry a full gel packet or drinks bottle with you, you can carry an empty one.